GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR - "Peasantry or 'Light! Inside of Light!" (excerpt)



The first time I listened to GY!BE I was with a friend at a cinema watching '28 days later.' In the scene where the protagonist was walking in the empty streets of London, shouting 'Hello' in despair, the music playing was the song 'East Hastings' from their first album. Both me and my friend were amazed by the emotional intensity the song communicated.

That was the first day I listened to a specific genre of rock that, as I found out later, was called 'Post Rock'. Many years have passed since that day and post rock became a major underground trend which led to this genre decline. Orchestral music can swing from deep emotional genius to plain boredom with ease. 




GY!BE is a band that never strayed from their path in order to become more popular, though they did become.  They are legend and they deserve it. Soon their sixth album will be released and here is an excerpt from one of the songs and maybe even a reminder to listen to their amazing discography.


...the car is on fire and there is no driver at the wheel...


0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment